Monday, March 28, 2011

Short Update

So, the house, the fabled living establishment that I have been waiting to move into now for 11 days...may not be ready for another 21...theoretically meaning no brewing. However! I have homebrew fever! I WILL brew my first batch this week one way or another.

In other news, spent the weekend in San Antonio with the lady-friend and saw a buddy. That city is awesome! And boy do they like to drink; took a tour of the river walk from the river barge and the boat captain told us at one point that the architect designed the river walk with the intent of forming a New Orleans - Venice fusion. I'd say he was pretty damn successful! That town loves beer...almost as much as it love margaritas. Which brings me to my next point: the third brew that Upship! will undertake will be an Island/Mexican style lager. Simply because I love that style, and it's almost summer - down here it IS summer (my forehead is peeling from a day at the lake as proof!) - and right now it looks like the next/second brew will be an American Amber...in the lead on the poll currently with one vote. Hint hint: vote!

Oh, and here's the other information source I have been using/studying/reviewing in addition to the Complete Joy of Homebrewing; that is, Homebrewing for Dummies.


Be on the lookout for a post on the first brew!
-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers