Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fermentation!

I appreciate all of your crossed fingers - I'm sure your hands are cramped by now so please uncross them, get a hand massage, and then check out the evidence of all those good vibes you sent this way:
Yeast doing solid work - impressive little guys aren't they?



Fermentation Lock in action - all those bubbles are escaping CO2 gas; a bi-product of fermentation, and happy yeast.


I also went to Walmart today with the SOLE purpose of acquiring a funnel. While I was there I picked a couple of these bad boys up to solve my thermometer problem:

Simple fish tank thermometer - $2.34 a piece, reads in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Of course I did not get a funnel while I was there - I know what you're thinking, "Walmart didn't have a funnel!?" And that would be a nice excuse, however, I completely forgot about it. Again. Maybe next time I'll get in there and find one - or find one at the brew supply shop in San Antonio (the closest one to my knowledge).

In summary, all is well on the home brew front, and hopefully will carry on in this blissful state.
This is Jack signing off, and remember "Happy  Beer Comes From Happy Yeast!" (Trademarked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers